Nades after being frozen

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}DronkGat

This is like the "Last Stand" perk (not sure that that perk is even available?) but I don't know how it's being done.
A particular player does it regularly and when I objected I was told to get on TS and that Lager had approved of this tactic. If we all start doing it then what?
If bouncing betties are reset/removed after you die, so no post death kill, then how can it be right that you are allowed to throw a nade after you are frozen and get a post death kill? It does not make sense.
Yes, I know frozen players can still see and communicate with team members....that adds to the tactical and teamwork essentials of this mod..... but being able to freeze an opponent after being frozen should not be allowed, unless the nade was thrown before you die.
Anyway, if admins/owners say its OK then so be it, but I want to get it on record  that I object to this being allowed. Frozen players should be off the field till thawed.
Thanks.
Smallthor
ESC Member

Yes Dronkat I was a victim of this after his death and some players have already been warned not to speak after being dead so a dead is a dead !!!
Google Translate ;)
{ESC}Hawkeye
Administrator

As focused with larger it is a part of the mod...its not a glitch or a hack....if you can pull a nade the second you get shot then you can throw it still...
Last edited by {ESC}Hawkeye on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{ESC}Hawkeye
Administrator

discused it with larger and it is a part of the mod...its not a glitch or a hack....if you can pull a made the second you get shot then you can throw it still....as with most things, some people won't mind and some people will not like it....enjoy the game guys and it's always a pleasure shooting you
{ESC}DronkGat

OK, thanks for the reply. No I don't like it. Then betties/clays should remain live till triggered then, and not disappear in a puff of fairy smoke when the 'owner' is frozen.
Probably bound the nade key to trigger upon being frozen.
Alright I'll bite my tongue and learn to live, I mean die, with it.
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

i can say i dont like it at all. last stand for nades.
i dont like it because there is no recourse, he can follow you and throw it on you and you cant stop him. you can at least shoot a last stand goofball before he shoots you.
its as bad as the super fast rc cars that are almost impossible to shoot.
anything that kills me is bad and should be removed.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
Resolute

to be clear, this is not a nade released on death. it cannot be last stand for three reasons. (1) last stand is a nade dropped immediately on the ground at death.  the time that elapses between him being frozen and the nade coming out of his bubble is as long as 3 to 5 seconds.  apples and oranges. (2) there is no way the player just HAPPENS to be throwing a nade every single time he's killed.  the player is throwing post-death nades every single time.  so the notion that its one of those coincidental die/throw things we've all experienced is hogwash. (3) last stand isn't even a perk on this mod!  

i suggest before you decide whether its acceptable you first find out how its done.  an explanation of how its done would be in order to fully know if you want to tolerate it or not.  let's take scroll wheel firing. why anyone would do that i have no idea.  that aside, scroll wheel is a key bind exploit of some sort i would think and also not technically an exploit or hack, but you guys have banned it, and rightly so.  so it wouldn't have to be either to be banned. anything that provides an unfair advantage, e.g. something not available to every player, would be the very definition of something you'd ban. ive adjusted to his tactic so it's neither here nor there to me, but i would suggest due diligence if it hasn't been done before it's just deemed legitimate.   

{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

RES, well said, as usual.
and i would like to add it seems its not just dropping the nades, they are aiming and throwing them, thats the part that irks me.
x and pimp are free to come here and defend their position on the matter, and tell us how they do it.
i do feel the appropriate thing to do is have a vote. let the members decide.
i can tell you one thing for sure, getting killed this way raises my blood pressure more than the stupid toy cars. 
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
Sil3nc3

Anytime I get caught in between reloads or an enemy flanked my 6 and caught me off guard I would instantly pull a nade. With mine being set the pushing left on the mouse wheel its unbelievably easy and fast.
As for scroll wheeling thats late 90's news there are more modern scripts and or macros. Reason they are a glitch and ban worthy is they are exceeding the weapons RPMs causing no recoil. When the macro exceeds RPM it does not allow the game to complete the recoil animation before it is recieving new info telling it to fire instead. I have shared videos of a regular on our MW2 using his macro and he is still playing. Which is why I dont :)

*edit* also I after I would take X amount of shots amd my health would get low I would pull the pin. If o made it to cover I would switch weapons and negate my nade all together
Resolute

Scroll wheel was just used as an example. Trust me on this one silence, this is not post death nades like you've ever seen it. This is something completely different and caused in a very different way.

Again, the only point I'm going to make it the only point that matters. Have you seen it? Do you know how it's done?

If you cant answer yes to both of these we then you/me/we have no idea what we're to talking about.