authentication times out

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Spiff

Been playing on your Chicago server for a while now and love it. Ran into an issue tonight that has never happened to me before on any server. during keycode authentication it just times out . Tried extending the time to 30 sec but still nothing. Has anyone ever had this issue ? and maybe know a way to fix it.

Thx in advance,
Spiff
*Mama*
Administrator

That's something at your end, not the server.    When it happens to me usually a reset of the modem and/or router will fix the issue.    Let me know if that helps. 
{ESC}Spiff

thx Mama , unfortunately no luck. Im thinking its a punkbuster issue. I can connect to non pb servers but not ones with pb enabled.Tried my clan server and cant connect there either.  
*Mama*
Administrator

If you want to re-install the proper punkbuster we have it on our Teamspeak.   Never update your Punkbuster...
BENSTER

Not a lot to go on here, but usually Authentication errors are when the client (You) can't reach the master server to verify your CD Key is Legit.  If you are playing on NON-PB enabled servers, they probably let duplicate KEYS play, or not even check the keys at all.  Do you have a fully purchased legal copy of the game, and entered your CD key correctly?  Do you have a firewall Blocking access to the COD master server? Have you enabled your firewall to allow the master server check?  Obviously you are playing the game, so you have the default port of 28960 enabled, but I'm not sure what port the CD key check accesses.  You could edit your firewall to allow COD4 access to all ports.
{ESC}Spiff

had to uninstall everything and reinstall. dont know what the problem was but 5 day of searching i found my original cd from 2007,reinstalled and up and running again. I tried all the fixes out there, nothing worked until I started from scratch.

thank you for trying to help it is much appreciated.