New Speakers Advice

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}MaStErMiNd
Administrator

I'm planning on getting some new speakers for my pc. What setup would you all recommend? Here's what I'm thinking about getting. What are your thoughts? Has anyone used these before?

http://www.klipsch.com/products/klipsch ... omedia-2-1
{ESC}UDClown

get a headset
{ESC}MaStErMiNd
Administrator

{ESC}UDClown wrote:get a headset
What up clown?! btw, I do have a headset. I need to replace my current speaker setup.
Here's the current headset I use? http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/produc ... ng-headset
*Mama*
Administrator

If you were about 12 hours sooner you might have ended up with a Logitech 5.1 surround sound... we bought it yesterday and it turns out that our TV has no audio output... but we got it working. Got it at Best Buy for $70 and it sounds really good... 150 watt
{ESC}Pappy
ESC Member

Last time I click on a link from MasterMind............I figured this would be a link to some dirty picture or something........turns out it was ACTUALLY speakers!  dammit!
{ESC}Brimstone
ESC Member

I have had this same set for about 15 years .. of coarse an earlier version but anyway .. killer sound and if these ever die will buy them again for sure.
Brim Out !!!!

"I’ve got nothing to fear, because the battles already been won" - Matisyahu
{ESC}MaStErMiNd
Administrator

{ESC}Pappy wrote:Last time I click on a link from MasterMind............I figured this would be a link to some dirty picture or something........turns out it was ACTUALLY speakers!  dammit!
Lol @ pappy!
{ESC}MaStErMiNd
Administrator

Brimstone wrote:I have had this same set for about 15 years .. of coarse an earlier version but anyway .. killer sound and if these ever die will buy them again for sure.

That's all I need to hear. I've seen good reviews but it's always good to see if someone here has a first hand experience. I'm looking for a simple setup. I currently have a 5.1 setup but want something simpler. :)
{ESC}SHo-oTER

I have those same speakers. I bought them at a thrift store and they had them priced at $15 and thought that even if they had half a$$ sound it would be worth it. Took them to the counter and the lady said everything that has black on it is half price. So, $7.50 later it turns out to be the best I have ever had. My neighbors even say they sound good and they have never been in my house......lol!!! I believe they sell for over a hundred dollars.
{ESC}MaStErMiNd
Administrator

Nice and great price shooter!

So what i did was took my daughter to best buy, took her to the speaker section, took all the price tags off on the speakers, and told her to tell me the speakers that sound the best. It was between the Klipsch and Logitech z533. When it was all said and done she picked this one. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/m ... akers-z533 I let her young ears tell me the better speaker! lol.  Thanks for everyone's input.

BTW, these really sound great!