Homemade soup and bread bowl

Have some recipe you want to share?
*Mama*
Administrator

Bread Bowls (Italian): I started this before the soup
2 (.25 oz) packets of active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/ 45 degrees C) I don't measure temps of water
2 pinches of sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
7 cups of all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water

In a large bowl dissolve sugar and yest and let it stand until it foams (about 10 minutes)

Add salt, oil and flour and begin to kneed the dough on a floured surface (about 6 minutes)

Place dough in oiled bowl and cover with damp cloth in warm area until doubled in size (about 40 minutes... start your soup)

Punch dough down and divide into balls and place on oiled baking sheet. Sprinkle with cornmeal if you desire. Cover and put in warm place again. Allow to rise another 35 minutes. Play with your soup again. (I made 7 large bowls with this recipe, can make 8 smaller ones)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Whisk egg and water together and brush the loaves with it.
** I sprinkled the top of the loaves with some sharp cheddar prior to baking to give it a cheesy crust
Bake for 15-30 minutes or until golden (and they should sound hollow when you tap on them) Cool on racks or burn yourself ripping them open like I did because the soup was ready and I was starving hungry...

Cut open the tops and pull out the bread inside and fill it with any soup. I sprinkled a few shreds of sharp cheddar to melt on top.

Homemade loaded potato soup:

4 cups - chicken broth (I used stock)
1/2 cup of chopped cooked bacon
1 -finely chopped onion
5 cups- peeled diced potatoes (or add however much or little you want. Potatoes will thicken soup)
1 8oz package of Philadelphia cream cheese.
season to taste however you like.(I used salt, black pepper, red pepper, white pepper, and Lawry's seasoned salt)

In a large pot, sweat the onions with a little butter.
Add chicken broth, bacon, potatoes, salt, and seasonings.
Allow to simmer until potatoes soften. Smash a few potatoes to help thicken the soup.
Cube the cream cheese and add while stirring.
Keep stirring and stirring and stirring until the cream cheese dissolves into the soup.

Pull away from the heat because the soup will begin to stick.
Scoop out with a ladle and pour it into the bread bowl.
Pour a glass of red wine and enjoy!
*Mama*
Administrator

I'm not saying Dave loved it... but let's just say he was ready to have my baby after he ate this...
{ESC}Amoniac
ESC Member

looks i dunno and taste i dunno so i dunno sorry
By Yomama
" it means you have touched someone enough to be in there thoughts even when you arnt around"
sniperchic quote 21/01/2012
Smallthor
ESC Member

Hummmm seen to be delicious !
{ESC}Betty_Boop
Administrator

Yum!!!! I'm going to try this. I like making bread...takes a little finesse...
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." Saul Bellow