How To Find Your Steam ID

Want to join ESC? Click the "Join Us" button above.
{ESC}Betty_Boop
Administrator

The following is a description of how to easily obtain your Steam ID number, which you will need for the Elite Sniper Corps application process.

Your Steam ID is different than your Steam user name. For example, my Steam name is {ESC}Betty_Boop, where as my Steam ID is in the format of STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXXX. We use this number to verify that an applicant has neither been banned nor has numerous complaints regarding the applicant's on-line gaming habits. A ban will disqualify you for membership in ESC depending upon the circumstances. You may appeal this decision and request a review by ESC Admins to consider mitigating circumstances.

To find your Steam ID number, start your Steam Client, or go to the Steam Web Site. In the upper right hand corner of the page is your account name, which in my case, is my email address. A right mouse click on “My Account” will yield a drop-down menu – Right mouse click on View Profile. Next, highlight the address in the search engine address box, and copy it (CTRL-C).

Once the address is copied, navigate to http://steamidconverter.com, and paste (CTRL-V) the address you just copied into the search box on SteamIDConverter.com's web site. Right mouse click the “convert” button and you should have a few versions of your Steam ID – The “Steam ID3 and ID64 are not necessary – we only need the Steam ID number. Be sure to verify that the information give is indeed your profile. Right click the hyper-link at the bottom of the conversion page and check that it is your profile. Then, place your SteamID in the appropriate section of our application prior to submission. If you prefer, you may send a PM to Human Resources with your Steam ID number to protect your privacy. Your Steam ID will not be used for any purpose other than a background check to verify that your on-line behavior is compliant with the principles of ESC and that you have no bans. :::FYI – we also verify your GUID and check for bans or complaints.

That is all there is to it!

Other ways to find your Steam ID

If you have a valve multiplayer game and you have activated console in options. Open console and type status and your steam id will show beside your name. Again, the format will be: STEAM_0:X:XXXXXXXX.

Or, you can follow this link, and there is a way to retrieve your ID even if you are not on line with Steam. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... &l=english.
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." Saul Bellow