Nades after being frozen

Talk about anything you want here.
RedRock

My old clan played COD:UO and added Bouncing Betty Landmines (betty's) to our load out, and I found that on the liberation/jailbreak (can't recall the exact name) game mode (when you're dead, you get put into POW camp or jail behind a closed gate, and you can run around and jump and see and talk and even pick up nades or weapons dropped nearby the jail cell walls/door, while you wait for your teammates to come and unlock your jail door and release you, sort of like mass frozen and mass thawing in Freezetag)....anyway, long sentence.....I found that when you've been put in jail, if you had a betty, you could set it inside the jail or at or outside the jail door, and it was live and could kill enemies that walked near it to trigger it.  No other weapons/tools worked in jail, just that one.  Hearing this stuff about "frozen nading" made me think of that.  Sounds like this is just a game coding issue, a glitch of sort.  Although the game "allows" it, it's not really an intended feature, I don't think.  The only way to deal with such a thing, since the server can't un-write such a glitch, is by a clan's or sever's stated preferences and a "gentleman's agreement" not to use those glitches.  So the server says "no bunny hopping," "no frozen nading," etc.--no use of glitches at all intentionally, or user will be kicked/banned, and the clan members and guests agree to that.  But that's only if the Clan/Server truly believes and commits to that.

Just my 2 cents as a guest here.  Otherwise, I'm reaching for my drink, and a nade, the next time I get killed.
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

RedRock wrote:Sounds like this is just a game coding issue, a glitch of sort.  Although the game "allows" it, it's not really an intended feature, I don't think.  The only way to deal with such a thing, since the server can't un-write such a glitch, is by a clan's or sever's stated preferences and a "gentleman's agreement" not to use those glitches.  So the server says "no bunny hopping," "no frozen nading," etc.--no use of glitches at all intentionally, or user will be kicked/banned, and the clan members and guests agree to that.  But that's only if the Clan/Server truly believes and commits to that.

no, its part of the mod that can be toggled on or off in the config.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
BENSTER

Martyrdom was already disabled.  {ESC}Burns continually through nades because he kept picking them up......the server was changed to stop players from dropping nades when they die.  If you can't have Martyrdom, why can you have enhanced Martyrdom?   
Resolute

I think calling it martydom is misleading. It isn't a perk. It's an after death action permitted by the coding but probably unintended which does not require a perk or ability.

I have gone back and forth and I am sticking with my original thought. This should not be permitted. I backtracked at one point because it's not an artificial assist or hack or anything not available to all players. That said, there are many behaviors in the game that are banned already, including dolphin diving, hopping, etc that also aren't hacks.

The interesting thing here is if zeno and Ben are right, this could be turned off tomorrow. So I'll let you guys fight it out but I did want to state I think it's not a legitimate tactic and should be removed.

I find it odd that with only one benefactor of the tactic and yet numerous others upset by it's use, ALL of whom are in the clan essentially, that the clan doesn't just end it. I mean x didn't even do this until recently. It's not like it's a base part of his game. In fact it does you no good until you're dead anyhow. So the significantly larger number of players seriously irked by it are dismissed to protect a tactic that only recently was discovered and used by a single player?? Im not concerned about it since I can basically avoid it just about every time ecause I pay attention. but Ok.
{ESC}UDClown

I've come to the conclusion that people are just upset about dying regardless of how it happens. Sure, getting kills after death and getting killed by a person who you just killed may be stupid. In the end it's a game. I'm okay with a grenade-after-death kill, however, yeah it sucks when that's all a player is doing. it's more of a behavioral thing at that point which would fall under one of the rules. Although I feel like giving warnings for stuff like that would just cause drama on the server that no one has time for.
BENSTER

A grenade that is thrown 5 seconds after the player has been killed?  It's totally changes tactics.   You kill someone, you are 25 yards or more away, you should be safe - yet they have an active ability to aim a grenade, and throw it up to 45 yards away.    Clays and betty's could be left in the field after a player dies, but they disappear immediately.  Yet in real life there are still landmines  still buried awaiting some unlucky soul.  Shoot me fair and square, I'm not angry.  Get thawed fast and throw a nade or tube where I was, then shame on me for not moving fast enough.  But actually pulling a nade after you become and ice cube, look around, aim, and throw it any distance, then geeze, all the other rules and settings on the server do not make sense.
Resolute

{ESC}UDClown wrote:I've come to the conclusion that people are just upset about dying regardless of how it happens. Sure, getting kills after death and getting killed by a person who you just killed may be stupid. In the end it's a game. I'm okay with a grenade-after-death kill, however, yeah it sucks when that's all a player is doing. it's more of a behavioral thing at that point which would fall under one of the rules. Although I feel like giving warnings for stuff like that would just cause drama on the server that no one has time for.

That's a really good point. People cry so much in this game. X did this to me like twice before I understood what was happening. Now it's just another death to avoid. It's not hard. I agree with you clown. If they outlawed bitching and complaining in game we'd have lot fewer players. I don't like it because it's not intended to be that way but it has zero bearing on my game.
{ESC}Hawkeye
Administrator

I agree
{ESC}UR X

I mean everyone knew that the new server was coming and this would be fixed! All this wining and crying and drama for no reason and it cant happen anymore. I already knew this was going to be fixed in the new mod! But you all persisted for no reason and it's pretty funny cause we see the winers now!!!!    Stay alive my friends cause I'm gonna get ya!!!!!!
Resolute

X its sorta disengenous of you to come waltzing in and claim everyone is crying after you started doing something people havent seen in the 11 years theyve been playing the game and just tell them to get over it.

I think you'd be hard pressed to convince me you didn't expect a little consternation now.

Kill you a lot more, later