Error 1327

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}dLUX
ESC Member

I'm perplexed.

I've been running my COD4 with the 1.8X update for a little longer than I've played on the ESC servers (about 2 years). Recently, I read on a forum to stay away from that update so I started playing an older version of COD4 from a different drive (yes, it seemed to make a difference). Suddenly, on Tuesday, that older drive began crashing the entire game when joining multiplayer. I remember this problem from the start of COD4 and how it was some poor coding on Activision's part that made the game crash if you didn't have headphones plugged into the jack. I went back to 1.8X version and didn't have a problem at all. I used all the jacks and it affected nothing on either game install. I decided to scrap it all and do a new install of COD4. Upon trying to install the game I get the error message attached which is "Error 1327.Invalid Drive: Y:\" Although the attachment looks like it was just starting, the install line was nearly finished before it gave this error code. I tried running the setup in compatibility mode for Windows 7. No luck. I can't find anything on the internet for this code specifically for COD4. Also, I don't have a drive labeled "Y."

I'm hoping one of you computer wizards has a little insight for me!

Thanks.
d
Attachments
Error 1327.png
{ESC}UDClown

after googling, in numerous places, this seemed to be the fix.
Issue:
When you start to install, you get error 1327, which references an invalid drive number. 
Causes:
The System Registry may be erroneously pointing  to a temp drive.
Solution:
  1. Back up your Registry.
  2. Select Start> Run> and then type Regedit.
  3. Navigate to the following folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
  4. In the right panel, search for entries that list the incorrect drive. 
  5. Modify the incorrect drive to point to C:\.
{ESC}dLUX
ESC Member

There were two Y: drive listings and both of them were to a very old drive I had used solely for pictures. I didn't think it would do anything but it cleared the problem. I can't figure the connection with the game but I'm stoked it is fixed. 

Reinstalling the greatest game ever right now.

Thanks, UDClown!