Playing the Objective

Talk about anything you want here.
BENSTER

dlux wrote:I'm hoping to find out how to see guys in the grass across the map when I can't see them dead in front of me . . . 

:-(
You'll notice that people who shoot you when you are hiding in the grass, or in a bush are using iron sights.  Based on the Q3 engine, COD4 does not render grass when it is a certain distance away .    Sometimes you'll be at the right spot that you see someone, and when you toggle your iron sights the grass will appear, and you can't see that person anymore.  Better to be farther away than closer to see someone.
As for the Nvidia driver issue, it's a function created for one game that affects COD4 in a different manner.  As stated you can see players as silhouette, but to me it actually looks like someone would look in fog.  Otherwise the smoke completely obscures vision. 
{ESC}Veector

So...you are saying that Res is that goofy/creepy/slightly-insane-but-still-tolerated-by-the-family-for-now uncle who sits in the corner at Thanksgiving? I can see that.....
*Mama*
Administrator

BENSTER wrote:
dlux wrote:I'm hoping to find out how to see guys in the grass across the map when I can't see them dead in front of me . . . 

You'll notice that people who shoot you when you are hiding in the grass, or in a bush are using iron sights.  Based on the Q3 engine, COD4 does not render grass when it is a certain distance away .    Sometimes you'll be at the right spot that you see someone, and when you toggle your iron sights the grass will appear, and you can't see that person anymore.  Better to be farther away than closer to see someone.
As for the Nvidia driver issue, it's a function created for one game that affects COD4 in a different manner.  As stated you can see players as silhouette, but to me it actually looks like someone would look in fog.  Otherwise the smoke completely obscures vision. 
THIS!!!! Thank you, Benster!! I've grown tired of explaining this to people, but you explained it better than I could!!!
Daisy

{ESC}Veector wrote:So...you are saying that Res is that goofy/creepy/slightly-insane-but-still-tolerated-by-the-family-for-now uncle who sits in the corner at Thanksgiving? I can see that.....
Bwaaaaahaaaaa! YES! I think that is exactly what they are saying =) :iagree:
{ESC}dLUX
ESC Member

{ESC}*Mama* wrote:
BENSTER wrote:

THIS!!!!  Thank you,  Benster!!  I've grown tired of explaining this to people,  but you explained it better than I could!!!

Yeah! Thanks, Benster. I do appreciate the insight.
Resolute

There are players that take advantage of the supposed ability to either turn off vegetation or either make sure your card doesn't process it. One person in particular.

The definition of cheating to me is gaining an intentional and unfair advantage. This means it doesn't have to be a wall hack or something. Under the map type glitching or turning off pixels is included in my definition. Wall spamming, on the other hand, wouldn't be since, while intentional and bad sportsmanship, its not an unfair advantage as it's easily done by anyone. Don't get me wrong, I will shoot you through a wall in a second. I will probe spots too. But I would not arbitrarily shoot and guess. And certainly never spam. Not a fan of that.

But back to the bushes. I will say though one pet peeve of mine is how wrong people are thinking bushes provide adequate concealment. They don't. At all. Bushes actually accentuate what I look for and that's movement.

Forgetting the player (s) that is cheating by not rendering bushes for a moment. In a perfect world bushes are reasonable but inadequate concealment. From any height advantage they provide almost none. So if you die in a bush you probably deserve it. Don't look for people. Look for movement. And remember, bush is bad.