Playing the Objective

Talk about anything you want here.
*Mama*
Administrator

dlux wrote:Thanks, Shooter. No worries. I recognize tinnitus on the range much easier than over server comms. ;-)

Hopefully, you won't have to correct me on that anymore.
He's just a old deaf geezer...:grandpa:
{ESC}Pappy
ESC Member

WHO YOU CALLING OLD?

:grandpa:
{ESC}UDClown

{ESC}*Mama* wrote:So, you notice when you thaw people you'll see +3  pop up on occasion (like when you shoot at someone and then another team member gets the kill you only get +10).   You need a full +15 to get credit for the thaw.   It does accumulate so if you only get +6 assisting the thaw with 1 person, +3 with another and another +6 with another assist it will count as 1 thaw).   It gives partial credit towards your score/ thaws.  It doesn't seem like much sitting here talking about it, but it does start to rack up, trust me.    Also (not sure if you know this), you can thaw people with RC cars (which is what most people use them for), and if you have a airborne killstreak that doesn't work or shoot in a particular map, you can use it to thaw difficult to reach people since you're stuck in it anyways.  Example the Pavelow doesn't work in most maps- but since you're stuck flying around in it you can use it to thaw your team that might be on the other side of the map and difficult to reach.. also good for giving intel on enemy locations.  :)
Am I going to have to write a manual on freezetag? lol
Resolute

dlux wrote:I'm a little perplexed at some dialog from Mama and Shooter about my play. I can't PM anyone yet (due to not enough use of the forums I think), so this will have to be a public discussion.

I've been searching the forums for the rules for Freeze Tag here and can't find any other than the 1 that pops up during play, "No racist remarks." The issue they are both bringing up is that I don't defrost people. I don't think that is an accurate statement. My defuse scores (Assist Score?) is normally middle stack of the team. I try not to get killed while I'm defusing people, which I tried to explain to Mama last night. She felt I should have stopped where I was and defrosted through the novagas. As the last player, I had just killed an enemy and was in a very bad position. Knowing that the guy I killed probably told the team, I tried to move. The only direction initially was away from them so I that I could try to circle around. Unfortunately, I was killed. The ensuing berating from Mama surprised me. 

Today, Shooter started the same thing. In fact, after Candyworld, he made it a point to yell (not an exaggeration) over his mic at me. When the next map started I texted that there hadn't been an opportunity to do much defrosting. I know that sounds lame, but {ESC}Hybrid came to my defense. We had been pushed so far forward together the whole time we were communicating and wiping up the other team.

I have no doubt that I need to improve my skills in defrosting. On the rare occasion that my kills are high, my overall score is usually half the top players. I imagine this is due to the score from defrosting. Defrosting is an aspect I'm not used to but I'm getting there. What continues to puzzle me is the "if you don't play this game how I play it, you're wrong" stance. I may be new to this style of play, but I don't willingly ignore my teammates' frozen condition and I certainly help the team any way I can. If I'm continuing to be a problem, wouldn't a PM be more helpful?

Best regards,

dLUX 
You've come a long way, baby
Sil3nc3

glad to see you posting again Res. Sadly I have missed the 6 page post with you, Clown and myself breaking down all the technical gibberish 
=|Vampie|NL|=

RES!    kicking up a year old topic... lol
*Mama*
Administrator

Dang it Res!!
Resolute

Lol. Hey, catching up on all my old mail, it's been a while. Plus, your server is jacked up beyond words so I can't go THERE.

Silence.. sometimes I look at some of my previous detailed breakdowns of this game... wait, did someone say "breakdown?!" (queue the vanilla ice-like dance breakdown montage). ...anyhow, breakdowns of this game and I just shake my head. I'm not going to go there...buuuut I will leave you with this:

"The most influential factor in the outcome of this game is technique, not talent."

--Resfuscious (2017)
{ESC}dLUX
ESC Member

Resolute wrote:Lol. Hey, catching up on all my old mail, it's been a while.  Plus, your server is jacked up beyond words so I can't go THERE.  

Silence..  sometimes I look at some of my previous detailed breakdowns of this game... wait, did someone say "breakdown?!" (queue the vanilla ice-like dance breakdown montage). ...anyhow, breakdowns of this game and I just shake my head.  I'm not going to go there...buuuut I will leave you with this:

"The most influential factor in the outcome of this game is technique, not talent."

--Resfuscious (2017)

What are these writings of which you speak and where does one find them?
Sil3nc3

i was able to find this one
http://elitesnipercorps.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=30
I am 00000000 because that account was hacked with my  steam account