New Speakers Advice

Talk about anything you want here.
Davethecat1
ESC Member

Considering the price difference, I find the Logitech speakers are pretty good for the value. 
Mama and I have just got the Z506 for our TV. for $70, you can't argue..
{ESC}MaStErMiNd
Administrator

{ESC}Davethecat1 wrote:Considering the price difference, I find the Logitech speakers are pretty good for the value. 
Mama and I have just got the Z506 for our TV. for $70, you can't argue..
Very nice! high 5! :yahoo:
BENSTER

I got these Mackie Multimedia speakers......shame on me for not reading the review, I figured they would be as good as studio monitors:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... tors--pair

For $120 they aren't bad, but studio monitors definitely sound better.  Mail order, I didn't bother sending them back.  I occasionally use them to play music, or if I'm playing a game in single player.

IMO you could go to a logitec 5.1 type surround, but I find that it just won't work in my room.  If you wan't great sound, then consider an actual bi-amplified studio monitor.  It's hard to find them under $300 a set, but if you ever demo one in person, you'll be surprised at how good they are.  Check out your local Guitar center to demo a few pairs. Overkill for most peoples computer system - Especially when you rely on headsets for gaming.  
{ESC}MaStErMiNd
Administrator

BENSTER wrote:I got these Mackie Multimedia speakers......shame on me for not reading the review, I figured they would be as good as studio monitors:  http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... tors--pair

For $120 they aren't bad, but studio monitors definitely sound better.  Mail order, I didn't bother sending them back.  I occasionally use them to play music, or if I'm playing a game in single player.

IMO you could go to a logitec 5.1 type surround, but I find that it just won't work in my room.  If you wan't great sound, then consider an actual bi-amplified studio monitor.  It's hard to find them under $300 a set, but if you ever demo one in person, you'll be surprised at how good they are.  Check out your local Guitar center to demo a few pairs. Overkill for most peoples computer system - Especially when you rely on headsets for gaming.  
I have the Logitech 5.1 surround now. They sound great but i wanted a simpler setup so i went with .... http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/m ... akers-z533 . I must say this is a simpler setup. Less speakers, less wiring, but much better sound! :)
*Mama*
Administrator

Mastermind, just grab some empty soup cans and some string.. use a empty cardboard box for a subwoofer. It's really economical..
{ESC}UDClown

{ESC}*Mama* wrote:Mastermind, just grab some empty soup cans and some string.. use a empty cardboard box for a subwoofer.  It's really economical..
^ not worth the price of two soup cans - the box however doubles as a cat trap.